Well, low-and-behold, it burnt to the ground today. There has been lotsa news coverage on it so I won’t bore y’all with all the same stuff that you’ve probably heard everywhere else. I’ll follow up with a few bullet-points to give you something to think about.
- The house was for sale
- The house was vacant and never lived in
- There are “liens” on the property
- Calvin Klein is the neighbor
- The original structure, built in 1925 by a prominent Miami Beach architect, was not allowed to be torn down- by city ordinance
- It was the most hideous, heinous house EVER in Miami Beach. Many people have commented over the years on exactly how Burke’s “complete renovation” was ever approved by the city of Miami Beach.
Draw your own conclusions.
I wonder if the listing agent will update the property listing to reflect ZERO bedrooms and baths and ZERO square feet.