I get a fair number of calls from Miami Beach real estate sellers asking me for my opinion on why their condo hasn’t sold. I try to help as many people as I can, but sometimes they really aren’t looking for my honest opinion, they want me to confirm their thoughts, which I can’t do. I have to give the information that I know is right. It’s not easy, but this video from real estate maven Barbara Corcoran offers tips, tricks, good ideas and just plain old good-advice.
Here are some common mistakes when selling your Miami Beach or South Beach condo:
1. Making small price reductions. I’ve said it before, so I don’t have to say it again.
2. Hiring the wrong agent. Having a competent, professional agent is more important than ever.
3. Waiting “out” the market. There are many, many, many people thinking that exact same thing.
4. Showing a cluttered home. The competition is stiff, folks. Clean, paint and unclutter.
5. Not taking the first offer. Two out of three times, the first offer is YOUR best offer!